Monday, April 26, 2010

“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.” –Alan Cohen


It is nice to be reminded what the shape of my key looks like.  The shape that never changes but opens many doors.  My key is the long gold one in my crazy huge keychain...but I can find it easily if I look for it.  It's at the end of the link, hooked to my string doll, Crazy Eyes, who helps me find what I am looking for, but has lost all his eyes over time, unfortunately.  The key no hardware store could ever duplicate, with its many dips and humps and weird angles; Courage and Insecurity and Courage again.  It's all mine - every ounce of it.  Made over time to fit perfectly into the New.  A door I once left alone for fear of where it led.  But there is no loss in moving on, or moving past, if you honor the present.  Which is what I'm doing.  Which is where the key fits, perfectly.


(special thanks to Pois for figurative hand-holding and taking the bag off my head:)  special thanks to Hodge for her Amazingness and inspiring quote that came just at the right time.  Loveyougals.)


Create your Movement!
XKAYO

No comments:

Post a Comment