Wednesday, July 28, 2010

you forgot what you meant when you read what you said

i caught my shape in the window as i ran to drink the shoreline
w h a t p o w e r f u l i n v i s i b l e d r u g
keeps me sucking air through a straw
c r a v i n g t h a t a c h e i n m y l u n g m a c h i n e
it’s madness to pursue supreme passing out gut check awesomeness
i s e e h o w f a r i c a n p u s h i t b e f o r e s t u p i d i t y i s o w n a b l e 
but i own these rights; i own the river, the nappy grass, the chipped cement 
h e a r t b e a t h i e r o g l y p h i c s d r a w n a t d a w n + d u s k
unearthed in my wake/sleeping, alive in my passing over under beside them
e v e n s o i t a k e t h e m i n.  i t a k e t h e m o n.  i r u n t h e m d o w n.
what powerful invisible drug makes sinew shift in strain and strength
t h e s a m e w i n d t h a t b r i n g s t h i s r i v e r t o t h e s e a
brings me to my knees and the tight fist in my lungs has its way again.
f o r w h a t ?
that’s what i want to know.

(oh trees racing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment